Access & Features
Manage e-Library Access, Entity, Domain, and Features.
This setting allows you to add/remove or enable/disable the ability for administrators and end-users in your e-Library (Figure 1).
- Request for training: To activate/deactivate the Training Request button that is under each resource on the resources page.
- Quick Resources Filter: To activate/deactivate the "Filter Resource" search box that on the resources page
- Bypass temporary user creation restrictions: To allow the admin to add any temporary user even if his email domain does not include in the whitelist
- Display expired resource: When deactivating this feature the resources will disappear automatically from the resources page once they expired.
- Display resource tags: To activate/deactivate the resources tags (e.g. Expiring, Expired, Trial, ...)
- Display resource rating: To activate/deactivate the star rating that you see on the resources page under each resource name.
- Alternate resource view: There are two views for the resources page, and you can switch between them from here.
- Request a resource: To activate/deactivate the Request a resource feature (If there is a request form has created)
- Library Documents: To activate/deactivate the Library Documents tab
- Media Gallery: To activate/deactivate the Media Gallery tab that is you see at the bottom of the pages.
- Force Profile update: To force each user to update his profile when logging in the e-library portal for the first time.
- Auto-Translate: To activate/deactivate the feature of Auto-Translate that you see in the descriptions of the resources.
- Display analytics widget: To activate/deactivate the analytics widget that is you see at the bottom of the pages
- Display visits and traffic: Select which option that you want to display at the analytics widget (all traffic or the e-library users only)
- Languages: To add/remove languages to/from the e-library portal.
- Default languages: Select the default language for the e-library portal.
- Landing page: Select the landing page for the e-library portal, that page the users will see after they logged in.
- Access from abroad: There are three choice
- Allow: The access is allowed for all the countries
- Upon Request: The access is restricted to specific countries but the user can send an access request to the admins
- Prevent: Access is restricted to specific countries.
Registration mode: The status of the registration for the end-users even open or close mode.
Home URL: The offered URL for your institution ex: (https://www.deepknowledge.io).
Valid email domains: The provided domain(s) for your institution “If it’s available”: (@techknowledge.ae - @gmail.com) etc.
Federated Search: Show the status of your federated search enable/disable with different types.
User account deletion: This option allows you to delete the end-user from the portal, always disable (If you want to change this settings contact email@example.com ).
Request for training: Allow you to enable or disable the request for training option appears for the users with the resources.
Quick resources filter: Enable/disable to let the end-users use the resources filter while searching.
Bypass temporary user creation restrictions: To allow you to enable/disable the domain restrictions for the temporary accounts.
Display expired resource: You can enable/disable this to show/hide the expired resources on the resources page.
Display resource tags: To enable/disable the trial, expired, subscribe to resources tags.
Request a resource: Control the user by enabling/disable to apply for request a new resource.
Media Gallery: enable/disable if you want the end-users to see the media gallery.
Force Profile update: To force the end-users to update their profile you have an option to enable/disable.
Auto-translate: Translation for the portal while anyone changes the view language.
Profile picture upload: Allows you to enable or disable the ability for end-users to upload their personal library picture.
Preferred language: Select the languages that you would like to make available on the e-library for users, then click on the language button of your choice in order to set it as the default language.
Landing page: Select from the list the main page for the e-library or switch to custom for a specific page.
Access from abroad: Geographic location is based on the IP address, which is not always accurate. Enabling this feature may impact some users and prevent them from signing into their accounts.